No-bake Biscuit cake
For the "cake" layer
adapted from Padhuskitchen
1x220gm packet of wheat biscuits, like the Marie biscuits. Used only 24 pcs. I used local brand "Albert"
1 cup of strong expresso / instant coffee
For the Chocolate frosting
adapted from Kwanster
100g chocolate, break into pieces
64g unsalted butter, at room temperature
50-64gm confectioners’ sugar, sifted
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
Pinch of salt, sifted
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. sour cream , room temperature **12 or 20% fat
added rum for extra flavour
1) Brew/ make 1 cup strong coffee, set it aside to cool.
2) Line loaf baking tin with cling film for easy removal when it is ready.
3) Once coffee is cooled, get started with the chocolate frosting :-
- Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Set aside to cool until just barely warm.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium-high speed until pale.
- Gradually mix in the sifted confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder and salt, beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the melted and cooled chocolate and then the sour cream.
- Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
5) Create second biscuit layer by dipping into coffee followed by spreading the second portion of the frosting.
6) Finally create the third layer and spread on the last portion of the frosting.
7) Leave it in the fridge for at least few hours to let it set. You can make this one day ahead before serving.
8) Serve this cold or slightly below room temperature.