For step-by-step tutorial, please go to Nasi Lemak Lover.
Almond London Cookies
Source : Nasi Lemak Lover (linked above)
150g whole almonds
30g nibbed almonds
170g butter (salted)
60g icing sugar, sifted
20g egg yolk (used 1 yolk)
300g cake flour (used plain flour)
- Toast whole almonds in oven at 180°c for 13-15mins, and toast nibbed almonds at 180°c for 1-2mins. Set aside to let it cool completely before use.
- Cream butter and icing sugar till light and pale.
- Add in egg yolk, beat well to combine.
- Add in cake flour, mix until it come together to form soft dought. Do not over work it.
- To weight dough 6g each, wrap up a whole almond, and shape into oval shape.
- Bake cookies at 160°c (fan forced) for 15mins or until golden brown, set aside to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler or microwave oven. Dip cookie in melted chocolate. Use a small fork, transfer coated cookie into a mini paper cup.
- Sprinkle some toasted nibbed almonds on top. Chill in the fridge (~10mins) to set the chocolate before storing in air-tight container. Store in cool place to prevent chocolate from melting.