|12 golden croquettes ready to be served!|
|vegetables being roasted|
Makes : 12 Croquettes
Receipe from My Kitchen Snippetsy
Vegetables to be roasted
2 cloves of garlic
1-2 tbsp of regular breadcrumbs (added sour cream as mixture too dry)
3 spring onions – chopped
2 tbsp grated cheddar or parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup flour (omitted)
2 eggs – beaten
2 cups regular bread crumbs
1. Roast vegetables on medium heat (180°c) until golden and al-dente (30 mins + 20 mins. + 15mins)
2. Put the roasted vegetables in a food processor and give it a few pulses. It should not be too fine.
3. Remove and add in the spring onions, parmesan cheese, breadcrumb (if needed), salt and pepper. Mix well. Shape the mixture into croquettes.
4. Let the croquettes rest in the fridge for 15 minutes. Heat up oil over medium high for deep frying. Dust each croquette with flour, coat in beaten eggs and then roll it on the breadcrumb.
5. Heat up some vegetable oil over medium heat for deep frying. Working in batches to avoid crowding, fry croquettes, flipping once, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes total. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. (Adjust heat between batches as needed to keep oil at a steady temperature.)
6. Serve warm or at room temperature with your favorite dipping sauce.