If you haven't noticed Groot-shaped cookies are everywhere on the web. This batch of cookies turned out good, taste wise. As for the decoration, well, I think brown coloured icing would've been more successful. That said, I am very satisfied with the shortbread recipe and the easy sugar icing.
via citromhab (I halved the recipe)
150gm plain flour, sifted
100gm cold butter
75gm powdered sugar, sifted (including 1 packet of vanilla sugar)
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
1) In a bowl, place the sifted plane flour and salt, work-in the butter by using a fork until crumbly in texture.
2) Next add in the sifted sugar and cinnamon powder. Knead lightly until it just come together, do not over work. Flatten the dough and wrap it with cling film and let it rest in refrigerator for 1 hour.
3) 20 mins. before 1 hour resting time, start pre-heating the oven at 180°c
4) After 1 hour resting time, roll out the dough and cut and shape dough in to desired shapes. Work quickly as the dough melt easily.
5) Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 8-10 mins. until base is brown.
Easy Sugar icing
1 Cup Powdered Sugar, sifted
4 tsp Milk
- Mix with fork!
- You can customize this recipe by adding powdered sugar to make it thicker. Add more milk to make it a glaze.