I have to say I'm one of those people that don't eat enough of zucchini . The funny thing is I actually love zucchini but some how I only eat them when someone else had cooked them; which is not frequent.
With this recipe I'll be buying and cooking them in my kitchen this summer and the coming ones. They are great for meatless days!
Zucchini and Cheese Bites
serves : 4
source : No Salty
note : video available on above link
+/- 600gm Zucchini (I used more)
1 tsp salt
1 pinch of black pepper
1 tsp garlic paste (used granulated garlic)
1 large egg
100gm grated cheese (used cheddar, will use a more intense cheese next round)
4 Tbsp bread crumbs
++ sauté onion
3 Tbsp flour
1 large egg
5 Tbsp bread crumbs
1) Grate zucchini into a fairly large bowl. Sprinkle the salt all over. Let it sit for 15 mins.
2) Strain away the liquid from zucchini as much as possible. Return grated zucchini to bowl.
3) Put in black pepper, garlic paste, sauté onion, crack-in the egg, grated cheese and bread crumbs. Mix well. shape into a bite-size balls. and place on a plate.
4) Coat each balls in this sequence first into flour, then egg and finish with a good coating of bread crumbs. shake of excess crumbs. Place on a plate. Repeat coating process until zucchini mixture is finished.
5) Heat up the oil in frying pan. Fry until golden brown. Serve immediately.